1. I"ve joined a club where I can play chess.
(become a member of a club)
2. I live in a one-parent family / single-parent family.
(a family where the children live with only one parent)
3. I really enjoy my family life.
(the way a familiy lives)
4. I come from a big family of eight children.
(the group of people who are related to you)
5. I grew up knowing that my elder brother would take over the family business one day.
(the job your parents and probably your grandparents used to do)
6. I like photography.
(the skill or process of taking photographs)
7. I"m mad about DIY. I think this is a very good hobby for people who have a house but don"t have much money.
(do it yourself; the activity of making and repairing things yourself around your home)
8. I took up golf when I was at school.
(to start a hobby for the first time)
9. A lot of people / homeless sleep rough / live rough in cardboard boxes.
(you sleep outside because you have no home)
10. The families were evicted for not paying the rent.
(to force a person to leave the building or land where they live)
11. We"re moving house next week.
(you go and live in another house)
12. I usually go jogging two or three times a week.
(run slow y, especially as a form of exercise)
13.I am sweating like a pig, and I"m not doing anything.
14.Let"s stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.
15. In winter, I do quite a lot of skiing.
(in English you normally do a lot of / a bit of sport)
16. In summer, I play tennis and cricket.
(in English you normally play a game)